I'm having a really great week. I do realize it's only monday, but this means that the 'Women Tell All' episode of the Bachelor airs tonight, which typically I don't care much for, but because there were so many crazy gals this season, I am very excited to watch the drama go down! I might even treat myself to a glass of kombucha to make it a real party!
Tom is away again, but just for a mini trip and he's in Canada [HOORAY]! Nolan is keeping me busy like usual with his sports....football yesterday morning, basketball practice early this morning, basketball game tomorrow night. Before we know it, Tom will be walking in the front door!
Enough boring talk. I just made the best cookies that I've eaten in a very long time! I'm talking about healthy and addicting, chewy AND crunchy at the same time, a vegan recipe no less. The word vegan scares me a little bit. I have never been brave enough to explore the vegan side of things, but my mind was blown with these babies. I am a changed woman and so very, very grateful for these cookies. Only one problem, I just ate 7 cookies because I couldn't get enough and now I have to ban myself from them for the rest of the day. Consider that your warning!
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a small bowl and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add coconut flakes, chocolate chips and raisins.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, drop cookie mixture by tablespoon-full about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Let cool and enjoy!